Back to School Information: Pick-up and Drop-Off Protocol
Rochester Memorial School
Student Pick-Up & Drop-Off Protocol
Parent/Guardian Drop-Off & Pick-Up
In an effort to facilitate the safest and smoothest transition for our students who are traveling to and from school in parent/guardian vehicles at the beginning and end of the day, we ask that you please adhere to the following safety precautions.
- We will continue to use the same traffic flow for drop-off and pick-up as last year.
- We ask that parents/guardians remain in their vehicles during the drop-off and pick-up process.
- Staff will be stationed at the two rear entrances to support student’s transition into the building.
- Please use extreme caution when pulling around other vehicles during this process. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
- If you are walking your child in, please park in the parking lot and cross over to the sidewalk by using the crosswalk.
- Students arriving after 8:50 AM, will be considered tardy and must report to the office with an adult before proceeding to class.
- Please remain in your vehicle while your children are unloading and loading and please avoid allowing them in and out on the passenger side of your vehicle.
Arrival (Drop Off)
- Parents/Guardians will drop-off their students in the back loop starting at 8:35 AM.
- Students in Grades K-2 will be dropped off and enter the building through the main rear entrance.
- Students in Grade 3-6 will be dropped off and enter the building through the rear entrance of the C Wing.
- Parents/Guardians will be encouraged to pull their vehicles all the way up to the end of the building so that other cars may pull in behind.
Departure (Pick Up)
- Parents/Guardians will pick their students off in the back loop starting at 2:55 PM.
- Students in Grades K-2 will be picked up at the main rear entrance.
- Students in Grade 3-6 will be picked up at the rear entrance of the C Wing.
- As cars depart, please continue to pull forward.
- Please use extreme caution when pulling around or passing other vehicles during this process.