Dear Parents and Guardians of Kindergarten Students,
We hope this email finds you well and ready to join our school community.
Kindergarten teachers across the three school districts are preparing to get to know you and your child better. Kindergarten transition can be met with many different emotions and is a significant event for all involved. Class placement information was mailed out to all incoming kindergartners today August 15th via US mail.
Below you will find information regarding orientation dates and times for Kindergarten screening which only applies if your child did not attend the Kindergarten Readiness screening in the Spring.
Kindergarten Orientation Day - August 31st
- Consists of two half day sessions aligned with the first letter of the student’s last name:
- Sessions I - last name starting with A-L - 9:00 a.m. to 10:30am
- Sessions II - last name starts with M-Z - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
- Families will meet classroom teachers outside at the kindergarten playground.
- Your child’s Teacher will prepare an introduction/welcome, story time activity, information for parents, and a snapshot of what your child’s kindergarten day will look like. During this time parents will be asked to confirm their child’s transportation.
Kindergarten School Readiness Screening -
- If your child did not attend the Spring Kindergarten School Readiness Screening dates or was requested to be rescheduled, please read the steps below to schedule a screening. If you are new to the District and your child has not been screened you will receive your class placement on August 30th in the afternoon/evening.
- Families will select one 30 minute time slot on August 30th. Please see the link below to register for a screening time and date.
- Families must register for one time slot using the following SignUp Genius link -https://www.signupgenius.com/
First full day of school for Kindergarten -
- Thursday September 1, 2022
- Students will come to school and be dismissed either via bus or parent/guardian drop off
Our Kindergarten Transition Webpage has been launched. This webpage can be accessed with the attached link: https://sites.google.com/
We look forward to meeting all of our new students and families very soon. Stay safe and healthy. Collaboration between home and school is a powerful tool that helps to ensure that our students meet with success as they embark on this new educational journey. Welcome to the Rochester Memorial School Community!
Derek Medeiros, Principal
Charley West, Assistant Principal