Old Rochester Tri-Town Education Foundation
“The Lighthouse Fund” Lighting the Way for Education
The Old Rochester Tri-Town Education Foundation Lighthouse Fund is a fund of the Community Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts.
The Lighthouse Fund is a growing endowment fund.
The Foundation’s mission is to support grants to benefit public education in Marion, Mattapoisett and Rochester. Funding is generated from private philanthropic donations to the Lighthouse Fund of the Old Rochester Tri-Town Education Foundation.
The vision of the Lighthouse Fund is to:
- Enrich the educational, cultural and civic experience for all our students.
- Enhance each student’s success in school, in our communities and in life.
- Encourage academic excellence, innovation and creative thinking in our schools.
The Lighthouse Fund of the Foundation has been developed to provide support for projects that:
- Provide enrichment and innovation above what is taxpayer funded.
- Inspire students and teachers through new opportunities.
- Strengthen our future by creating more informed citizens – both students and adults.
Examples of the types of activities to be funded include:
- Bringing people and resources to our schools
- Supporting exceptional student projects/opportunitiesEnabling collaboration across disciplines, grade levels and schools
- Funding professional development consistent with the mission of the Foundation
If you have questions or would like clarification, please contact Ms. Kathy Eklund, Chair of the Lighthouse Fund Distribution Committee (Kathy's email) or Erin Bednarczyk, Chair of the Tri-Town Education Foundation (Erin's email).