Learn the role of families.
Families play an important role in the quality of life and adjustment of student’s with disabilities as they leave high school. It is critical to learn strategies needed to assist your child during the transformation to adulthood.
• Modeling self-advocacy
• Teaching decision-making skills
• Allowing your child to safely take risks and try new things
• Helping your child feel good about what they can do
• Helping your child understand their disability and challenges
• Realizing that self-determination takes a lot of practice.
This information was obtained from http://www.understandingspecialeducation.com/transition-IEP.html.
There are no upcoming events to display.